Every effort has been made to provide the latest information about street closures around Levitt Pavilion Arlington. You also can click on the Abram Street Rebuild for information.
The City of Arlington has partnered with Waze to give drivers the best experience possible to get around town. Drivers can download Waze for free at www.waze.com/get for iOS and Android and see real-time traffic, find optimal routes, avoid road closures and more.
As of Sept. 27
Updates are subject to changes due to weather and schedule. Below are current and anticipated traffic impacts for the area around the Levitt Pavilion.
Abram Street between Pecan and Center
- The fence along the Levitt’s north side has shifted to the curb by the City Hall sidewalk, opening up a new sidewalk area to watch the concerts for the fall. Abram Street is also open to concertgoers, who won’t have their view obstructed by fencing.
- The sidewalk on Abram Street in front of City Hall between Center and Pecan streets is closed for the ongoing construction activities on the Abram Street Rebuild project for the south City Hall Plaza area and also for pedestrian safety.
- Sidewalk detour signs are installed on Abram Street, Center Street and Mesquite Street to direct pedestrian traffic from Abram Street to the north side of City Hall between the new George W. Hawkes Downtown Library and City Hall.
Abram Street between Cooper and Pecan
- The westbound side of Abram Street between Cooper and Pecan is closed with traffic shifted to the eastbound side while new water line infrastructure is being installed. This closure is expected to be in effect until April 2019.
Abram Street between Cooper and Oak
- The outside lanes of Abram Street between Cooper and Oak are reopened. Traffic has been moved to these lanes so that work can be done on the inside lanes until further notice.
Abram Street between Collins and Mary
- The eastbound and westbound lanes of Abram Street between Collins and Mary streets have shifted to two lanes on the south side of Abram. The traffic lanes are open between Collins and the Levitt.
Center Street between Abram and Pecan
- The right lane of Center Street is closed to traffic between Abram and Front streets. This closure allows installing pedestrian safety infrastructure related to the Abram Street rebuild.
Pecan Street between Abram and Main
- Pecan Street is closed between Abram and Main to install new sewer main lines and improve the storm water drainage system as part of the Abram Street rebuild. It is expected to remain closed until early November. Visitors can still access the parking lot between Pecan and Oak streets from Oak Street.
West Street between Abram and Main
- West Street is closed between Abram and Main to install a water line, storm drain and electrical conduit. Access to businesses will remain available.
Cooper Street between UTA Boulevard and Main Street
- The outside lane of northbound Cooper Street is closed north of UTA Boulevard to Main Street to install a new water line infrastructure. This closure does not affect southbound traffic. This closure is scheduled to last until December 24.