Every effort has been made to provide the latest information about street closures around Levitt Pavilion Arlington. You also can click on the Abram Street Rebuild for information.
The City of Arlington has partnered with Waze to give drivers the best experience possible to get around town. Drivers can download Waze for free at www.waze.com/get for iOS and Android and see real-time traffic, find optimal routes, avoid road closures and more.
Current Street Closures
As of July 16
Closures are subject to changes due to weather and schedule. Below are current and anticipated traffic impacts for the coming weeks.
Abram Street between Pecan and Center streets:
- The outside lanes of eastbound and westbound Abram Street between Pecan and Center streets, which is the area between City Hall and the Levitt Pavilion, will be closed to traffic through August 2018.
- Temporary fencing has been installed along the north side of Founders Plaza across from City Hall to protect visitors to the downtown park and the Levitt Pavilion from construction activities. Pedestrians can enter the park from the east side of Center Street or from the southwest corner of the Pecan and Abram streets intersection.
- The sidewalk on Abram Street between Center and Pecan streets will be temporarily closed through September 2018. This sidewalk closure is needed due to the ongoing construction activities on the Abram Street Rebuild project for the south City Hall Plaza area and also for pedestrian safety. Sidewalk detour signs are installed on Abram Street, Center Street and Mesquite Street to direct pedestrian traffic from Abram Street to the north side of City Hall between the new George W. Hawkes Downtown Library and City Hall.
- The existing metal accessibility ramp access to the south side of City Hall will remain open until the new accessibility ramp on the east side of City Hall is installed.
Abram Street between Oak and Cooper streets
- The outside lanes of Abram Street between Oak and Cooper streets have reopened. Traffic has moved to these lanes to allow for work on the inside lanes in this section until further notice.
Abram Street between Mary and Collins streets
- New storm drain installation has begun in the center middle lanes, and the middle lanes are closed. Traffic has switched to the outside lanes.